The Yummiest Chicken Chili
I love the cold Fall weather that is here! Cold weather brings warm yummy foods to our kitchen! One of our favorite goto is this Chicken Chili! I honestly make it during every season, because its just that good! BUT the cold months its just the best!! OH AND GUESS WHAT ITS HEALTHY!!
This recipe is so easy and simple!! What I love about it: you can make it in a crockpot throughout the day OR make it in your instant pot in 25 minutes!! Best of both worlds! Ill link my favorite Crock pot and instant pots below!
This recipe originated from a turkey chili, but I’m not a huge fan of turkey chilis! Our great family friend is the first one to start tweaking this recipe! I fell in love with it and over time have changed and tweaked things to our liking and We believe made it so much BETTER!! If you are a Tortilla soup lover then you will LOVE THIS!!
1 tablespoon avocado oil (or olive)
1 rotisserie chicken
2 small yellow onions
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tablespoons Chili Powder (add less or more for your spicy liking)
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon chipotle pepper powder (add less or more for your spicy liking)
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 bell peppers (red, yellow, orange)
1 can crushed tomatoes (28 ounces)
1/4 cup of tomato paste
1-2 tablespoons Maple Syrup or Apple Butter
2 cups chicken broth
2 bay leaves
1 can white beans drained (14 ounces)
avocado, cilantro, plain greek yogurt or sour cream, cheddar or mexican shredded cheese, tortilla chips!
- For whole rotisserie chicken, pull out all the white meat and break into smaller pieces. At costco now you can buy rotisserie meat already shredded and packaged for you! Saves lots of time!
- Chop your onions, and garlic! I purchased pre-minced garlic and its the best for time! Set the instant pot on sauté. Add the avocado oil and onion. Let it simmer for a few minutes and then add in the garlic. Once soft add in the chicken, breaking it up more with your wooden spoon. Let those sit until slightly golden. about 5-7min. Then turn the instant pot off.
- While chicken, onions, & garlic are simmering; chop and seed your peppers. I use a food processor to chop! Its life changing!
- Add to the instant pot the seasonings, peppers, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, maple syrup, and the chicken broth. Stir together, and then stir in the 2 bay leaves. Cover & turn your instant pot on the soup/chili setting for 25min. (You can also do the slow cooker cooking in your instant pot as well if you want it to cook throughout the day)
- Once done use the quick release and stir in the drained white beans. Remove the bay leaves and serve hot and top with your favorites! Avocado, cheese, chips etc.
- In a large skillet over med. heat, sauté the chopped onions until soft about 5 min, add the garlic and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Add in the chicken breaking up into smaller pieces and golden all over, about 5-7min.
- Move the chicken combination to your slow cooker, add the seasonings, peppers, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, maple syrup, and the chicken broth. Stir together, and then stir in the 2 bay leaves. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours. The last hour stir in the drained white beans.
- Remove the beans and serve hot with your favorite toppings!
This amount serves about 8 + We store it in our fridge up to a week!!
Linked Below I shared My Favorite: